[OM] Re: PMA Show

Subject: [OM] Re: PMA Show
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:32:00 -0800
> From: monte <moont2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the report, Monte -- it's almost like being there!

> ... the 510
> has sensor based image stabilization.  the sensor is actually moved up
> or down and side to side by two motors.  so OM lenses or any lens gets
> smoothed out...  don't have my notes with me now but ask any questions
> and I'll see if the answers are in the literature.

Can you confirm that IS works well with non-4/3rds lenses?

There's been some vigorous debate in another list. Some of their
press release says IS works with "4/3rds lenses," and mentions no
others. It was speculated that because the 4/3rds lenses can
communicate aperture and (most importantly) focal length, the in-
camera IS might depend on such information to work. Or that it would
work somewhat with adaptors, but at its best only on 4/3rds lenses.
Or that it didn't matter what you put on the end of it.

:::: People should be free to speak their mind, but not to invent
their own history. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::