[OM] PC-MACRant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] PC-MACRant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:57:00 -0800
I object to the entire PC vs Mac threads/discussion that seems to pop up
on message boards and e-mail lists on a regular basis. The discussion
always reminds me of  polarized religious zealots squaring off or
proselytizing.; I find it offensive for the same reason in both cases.
Nobody ever asked for advice, yet folks feel compelled to give it,
because they feel the need to 'save the world' from being 'on the wrong
side.' It is one thing to recommend a computer platform when someone
asks about what they should use, but to just bring it up is rude,
boorish, and just plain self serving. The result is a lot of bandwidth
wasted on the same rhetoric and drivel that is always thrown back and
forth, with nobody really changing their mind, because no one is
listening, some of us try to ignore the thread, those that participate
are busy 'bible thumping' and not looking at the other point of view. I
pity the poor digest folks every time the topic comes up.

Jim Couch