[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:48:07 -0800
Cultural dominance ???  As an old fart who didn't have spots when he
was young but likely had/has Asberger's to at least some degree my
view on things is rather suspect. However probably 80% maybe even 90%
of the people I've worked with for the last 7 years are immigrants.
Outside of Hollyweird, US culture is a soup that is constantly
changing. Isn't any US "dominance" pretty much limited to the 60 years
since the end of world war 2? (Yes I'm downplaying plenty of heavy
handed romping around in the western hemisphere)

Yeah ... My first reaction to XP was why the cartoon motif? It can be
pretty ugly but it can do a lot.

Finally ... yes I've missed a lot of Sociology and Anthropology. My
"obsessive routines and my preoccupations centered around my perceived
needs to be independent and self supporting. I probably couldn't
convince someone to pick up a $10 bill laying on the sidewalk, but I
can build things that earn a living. I never could read in an airport
or coffee shop. Too much external input.
(http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html)

Recent discussions, Wikinomics, and American History X have provided
plenty this week to think about while trying to continue updating a
web to have more business significance. Thanks Andrew, Moose, Chuck
and others ...

-jeff