[OM] Re: OT Mustang

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Mustang
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 09:51:51 +1100
Of course, dear boy. Except when you're sitting in economy!
It reminded me of a charming story about flying from Sydney to
Melbourne which is against the prevailing SW wind. So much so that
the trip south by 737 is around 15 mins longer than north. Someone
was ferrying a little old seaplane south - an old Gruman I think with
a single pusher prop. His effective ground speed for some of the trip
was around 75km and he was watching cars overtake him on the freeway
below.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx