[OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:37:05 EST

In a message dated 3/9/2007 10:53:36 PM Central Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

So if you swing the thing up and push the button, it stops vibrating and
takes a picture. And even if you do that all the time, it also cleans
when turned shut down. In my book, that is just smarter. All other
things being equal, which functionality would you pick?

Well, Moose, all other things aren't equal. The Canon rep. for North Texas
made the following paraphrased statement just last week at Competitive Camera
in
Dallas. ''The sensor cleaner on our new cameras is the best thing we've done
in a long time, at least for me. I'm sick of people complaining about dust on
their sensors.  Olympus's may work better, but ours works and hopefully my
life is easier."

I've purchased both Canon and Oly DSLR's . That includes a 20D, 5D, and E500.
My daughter shoots the Canons and the Oly is mine. The Canon's are
great-good, functional tools with excellent product support. I gotta say
though, Oly has
some stuff working. Canon has nothing that can match the image quality of the
7-14 or the 11-22.  The lack of edge sharpness with most Canon wide angles is
very surprising. If Oly's in body anti-shake works well, the hand held
possibilities with Oly cameras and wide angle lenses is going to be impressive.
Hand
holding Oly lenses during long exposures that are 7-22mm has proven to be
much easier than hand holding the Canon 16-35.  Half the focal length, ya know.
I'm hoping the 35-100F2.0 will have the same benefit compared to the 70-200
F2.8 we tote around some times.

Gary Faulkenberry
http://www.aol.com.