[OM] Re: PC-MAC Rant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: PC-MAC Rant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:12:20 -0500
If I am critical of 4/3 it is mostly that the particular incarnations of
it don't meet my needs.  I also happen to believe it was a bad business
decision on Oly's part but that will never be known unless Olympus
manages to succeed in business and succeed in selling more 4/3 cameras.
  If Olympus fails as a business there is no knowing that it was due to
4/3.  Minolta didn't have any 4/3 analogue and they and their excellent
7D went down the drain.  Actually, I think establishing 4/3 as a
*standard* was exactly the right idea for Oly's survival because they
were very late to the game.  But I still think the sensor size was an error.

I bought a 5D because I thought that's what I needed for my business.
It also didn't hurt that it would accept OM lenses.  I would love to
have live view and an articulating screen.  But, for my business use,
it's much less important than other things especially considering that
the Minolta A1 continues to meet most of my "for fun" macro needs. And
that camera has "real" live view.

Chuck Norcutt