[OM] Re: If a camera ...

Subject: [OM] Re: If a camera ...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:21:43 +1100
High seriousness? The ontological proof of the existence of a perfect
camera? Hah!
Collingwood is on my 'must get there soon' list - thanks for the
reminder. It's got to be better than attempting to read Kant anyway.
Recently my wife bought me a book of essays by Harry Frankfurt
because it contained his essay 'On Bullshit.' She seemed to think it
would appeal to me - not sure why. :) Very enjoyable and after
digesting it I turned to the rest of the book. Couldn't even
understand the preface. A very sobering experience..
My favourite story on the ontological proof is that of Bertrand
Russell being struck by the utter perfection of it, while halfway
across a bridge in Dublin. Apparently the realisation virtually
paralysed him for some time. I believe there is a plaque on the
bridge to mark the event.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx