[OM] Re: Mac Haters Ignore This [Was Re: Communications [was lighting]]

Subject: [OM] Re: Mac Haters Ignore This [Was Re: Communications [was lighting]]
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:00:21 +1100
I'm pretty sure that everything was exactly the same - all he did was
cut two microresistors and then solder bridge another two of the six
available positions and the eMac immediately stopped being a 700 and
became a 1.33GHz. It displayed that information and AFAIK it was
exactly the same chip. The only difference was that the chip ran
slightly hotter but still well within any safety margins and was now
expected to last a mere 700 years instead of several thousand,
according to the site with the hack instructions. :-)
It seems like a quick and dirty way to achieve model differentiation.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx