[OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:02:01 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>  I certainly don't recall ever telling someone they
> should switch from Mac to PC.

Have you EVER seen anyone telling someone they should switch from PC
to Mac on this list?

If someone says, "My computer won't do this," or "My computer's
having trouble doing that," I might chip in with, "Well, MY computer
has no trouble with those things!" But I don't recall telling people
they should just go out and get the same thing I have.

Well, okay. I might have put it like, "If you had the computer I'm
using, you wouldn't have these problems." But I don't believe anyone
here has ever said they should go out and buy what I'm using.

There's a difference between smugly saying, "Canon has low-noise,
full-frame sensors," and saying, "You should all dump that useless
Olympus crap and go out and buy Canons."

Sounds like "envy denial" to me! :-)

:::: In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile
to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his
abuses in return for protection to his own... Christianity neither
is, nor ever was, a part of the common law. -- Thomas Jefferson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::