[OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center

Subject: [OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 23:57:51 -0500
At 08:57 PM 3/10/2007, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>Sorry to hear about the disappointing performance, Johnny.  Did you
>also get the DZ 35 macro with that body?  I'm just wondering what
>makes you think it is the camera and not the lens.

I wouldn't say that the performance is that disappointing Joel.  I
think that makes it seem worse than what it really is.  It's just not
as consistently accurate as what I'm accustomed to seeing with my
other equipment.  I did purchase the 35mm macro new when I bought the
body and I also picked up a 14-45 kit lens from a fellow List
member.  The focus with the macro is better than with the
14-45.  It's close enough that I probably wouldn't notice the errors
unless I was shooting a test target.  The 14-45 will occasionally
throw a flyer that's completely out of focus.  Even though the 14-45
isn't in warranty I thought I  would send it in along with the
body.  Maybe they'll be nice enough to test it and let me know if it
has issues.

BTW, the tilting LCD on the E-330 has already come in handy for
something besides wildflower shots.  The fuse panel on the Vette is
located inside on the firewall under the dash where it's close to
impossible for me to get a clear look at it.  The courtesy lights
weren't working the other day and I wanted to check for a blown fuse
so I mounted the 35mm macro on the E-330, flipped up the flash,
tilted the LCD out, stuck the camera up under the dash and took
several pictures of the fuse panel.  One of the shots had enough
detail that I could tell that the fuse for that circuit wasn't
blown.  It beat the heck out of using a flashlight and mirror which
was my previous method.  Next I think I'll use it to take some
pictures of the underside of the car to see if I can determine why
the seat mounting bolts won't unscrew - save me from pulling out the
floor jack and jack stands.  :-)

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson