[OM] Re: OT - Question for the scanning Wizards on this list.

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Question for the scanning Wizards on this list.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:16:38 +1300
Hi all,

I thought I sent this to the List as well, but on checking find I sent it to
Bill
only; so here goes. Sorry for the re-post, Bill.

Bill wrote

> I am attempting to scan a 70 year old photograph to put on an invitation to
> a 90th birthday party we are giving for the subject of the photograph.
> There are two problems with the photo.  It is printed on a slightly  textured
> paper and at
> certain angles, there is a slightly metallic look to the  darker areas of the
> image.  The scan picks up the texture.  I'm using  an Epson 3200 scanner.
> Although the scan is marginally acceptable I am  wondering if there is
> anything one could do about the texture.   Bill  Barber
Bill, I suggest mount a Zuiko 50/3.5 macro on an E-1, have only side light on
the print, and no light on you or the camera, and shoot away. You might like
to adjust the EV +/-  With textured paper you will probably want to have side
light from each side. See the photos at
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/SFR/SFR4.htm
which are mostly from prints processed this way

Brian