[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:20:42 -0800
Actually, I want the best close up's I can get. On occasion I can get a 5 mm
object just right, though a lot of the 'on occasion' was me hand holding the
camera reversed macro at 14 mm. I usually don't go there now, 34-45 mm
reversed gets me more in focus and a little more depth.

A good many of the flowers I take pics of are 1/2" or less across, I'm
interested in them filling the frame and being able to see into their depths
as there are critters in there and other odd stuff I've never imagined.
Bringing most of the stuff home to photograph, well, it's gone then, so a
bellows is out.

If you've missed my earlier posts on this, a short walk is 4 miles, most are
at least 6 hours away from the car/or a man made environment, so the bellows
is to much to carry when I am usually taking public with me too. So I'm
trying to stay compact and fast most of the time.

I was using the C-5050 before, but I really like the E-500, if I can get
through the macro stuff (the potential is much better with the E-500) and
the low light shooting (money for a faster lens) I'll be happier than I was
with the C-5050, I'm sure.