[OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 07:49:50 -0400
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Yup - what Descartes called 'flesh machines.'
> I like 'suspicious constructs' - but do you mean that we're
> suspicious of our construction, constructed by suspicious means or
> that we are constructions of a suspicious nature; or even that there
> is something suspicious about the quality of our construction?
> Most people here think a suspicious construction is anything made by
> Canon. :)

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face. :)  Personally, I'm very
"suspicious of our construction", how we came to be and for what
purpose.  Religion never brought me any answers and Darwinism never
provided much comfort.  At times (usually when I'm depressed) I wondered
if we were no more than some lab experiment that provided amusement to a
higher intelligence, a cleverly designed "flesh machine" that became
self-aware only because of its complexity.

Richard
--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html