[OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center

Subject: [OM] Re: Hauppauge Service Center
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:28:08 -0500
Out of curiosity, what AF settings do you use?  Do you let the camera
select the right, left, or center focus point, or do you select only
the center point (as a few of us do)?  I have found some AF inadequacy
in both long lens work and macro revealed when I shift to the 10x view
in LV B.  As you probably know, the firmware update for the 330 allows
you do an initial autofocus in LV B by pressing the AEL button.  The
red locator light for AF in the 330 is nice, but occasionally it's not
quite focused where I thought it should be when I check the 10x view
in LV (but it's usually pretty close).  That happens sometimes with a
long lens, where I discover it's picked up, for example, a stray
branch to focus on instead of my subject.  Then of course flowers can
be a little tough because it can't always find a good edge to grab
onto.

Totally unrelated, on the 330 my DZ 11-22 sometimes clicks, like it's
hunting within a very close range.  On the E-1 it doesn't do this, and
I don't quite know what it means.  In almost every respect I have
found AF on the 330 to be superior to the E-1.

Well, hope you get to the bottom of it.

Joel W.