[OM] Re: (OM) OT XP computer(s)

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT XP computer(s)
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:35:21 -0500
Brian Swale wrote:

> Question; is 3- 1/2 minutes normal for boot-up time for a 2 GHZ XP machine?

Not IME. My two work machines are XP and load up a bunch of stuff
(looking for my shared network drive, anti-virus, IM client,
anti-malware, Palm HotSync Manager, audio and video drivers, etc.),
and the only time it takes longer than a couple of minutes to boot
is if Norton Anti-Productivity kicks in and seizes the hard drive.
Did you do a clean install of XP (re-image the machine)?

Steve