[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:03:20 +0000
One more word or two, now that I think about it.

>"Whether it's right or wrong"?  Shurely Shome Mishtake, old chap :-)

What does that mean? I see no "mishtake."

And who finished the Panama Canal after the French gave up?
Who came to their defense in WW-1 and WW-2 and took the whole country back from
the Germans?
Who took over the Viet Nam mess when they cut and ran, although we didn't do
much better, losing over 40,000 lives there. One was almost me.

I think they're fair game.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from