[OM] Re: (was) : Re: What the function of this button on the P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: (was) : Re: What the function of this button on the P1?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:24:07 +1300
Steve asked
> A question, much simpler this time. If Northern Hemisphere residents
> (Murkins, at least) refer to Australia, New Zealand, and close
> geographical entities as "Down Under", do Australians, New
> Zealanders, etc. have a colloquial reference for Europe or the U.S.?

For some at least, "The Old Country",  or  "Home" for England, Scotland,
Wales, and probably Ireland though both have become pretty rare in the last
20 years, and considering that something just over 55% of NZ now has at
least some *Maori, *Pacific Islander, and *Asian blood, I have no idea what
they say.
I am descended from white colonialist stock in a part of New Zealand with
not too much involvement with the *.

Can't speak for Australians, and as far as I know there isn't an equivalent for
the USA or Canada.

Brian