[OM] Re: : Re: PC-MACRant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: PC-MACRant was: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:19:56 +1030

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:38:12PM +1300, Brian Swale wrote:

> Martyn wrote
> >
> > Should have done this - http://tinyurl.com/2xhg8d
> >
> > Bit late now...
> Thanks, but there are two other easy ways to solve this problem, and I used
> one of them.
>
> Run the pointer over the bottom line and click "copy". Hit the top line to
> start
> your browser.
> While it is still loading, stop the load, and paste the saved bottom line on
> the
> end of the part of the url in the address line. Hit <return>.
>
> Second method.
> Highlight and cut all the split URL text.
> Start Note pad. Paste URL in Note pad. Put cursor at the end of the top line.
> Hit delete, to bring the bottom line up there. Hit <end> to put cursor there.
> Hold down shift and press <home>. That highlights the whole URL. Put
> mouse pointer on the highlit line, right-click and select copy.
> Go to your browser and paste it into the address line.  Hit <return>
>
> Takes mere seconds with W'95.
>
> Brian

...or just copy the bit of the URL that you need, & paste it into your
browser's address bar. The last bit (fortuitously) was just setting the
display font for you...

as this, & many other lines of recent discussions, goes to show, there
are many ways to exfoliate the feline, & some of them may not be work
for you or me!

Anyway, I had a chuckle at the joke, good one, Martyn! a little bit of
lightheartedness among all the heavy discussion goes a long way... this
is one of the things that is unique about this list, a sense of humour
is appreciated, not howled down.

davidt