[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:12:55 -0700
Jeff,

Thanks for the info.

As far as stacking, I and a friend tried Helicon filter, with me, the free
version combined all of the out of focus stuff. He has had better luck. He
is now trying another temporarily free program.

That is definitely what I want to be able to do when I am wanting to do just
the Sori of a Fern or the fruiting bodies of a moss and the width of my shot
is 7-8 mm wide, flat focus is the rule of the day. I've a few files with 10
shots in a 5 mm depth that I haven't been able to get to come out yet using
the Helicon filter.

I've also used a macro that screws onto the lens of the 14-45, which allows
me to get to 4" away from what I am shooting (though I again lose all
available light without someone hold an additional light source for me, (I
need a ring light, rather than a flash, a 3.5 lens won't focus with this
little light). This is a Star D Close-up Zoom attachment lens.
Unfortunately it isn't very close, no closer than the super macro on the
C-5050. But it has some depth to it, when I can get it to focus.

I am grateful for the dialog, it keep me thinking about what I have done and
how to implement the suggestions I am getting.

Scott