[OM] Re: OT Nationality, was Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Nationality, was Communications [was lighting]
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:22:41 -0700
There is a vast difference between Nationalism and patriotism.

A Nationalist feels it is his nation, right or wrong and only is nation may
ever be right. Recently that was being sold to several democracies by their
supposed leaders, and their corporate media lap dogs, as being Patriotic,
where as it was promoting fascism.

Where as a Patriot will fight for the precepts, the constitution and Bill of
Rights against all comers, foreign and domestic.

There is nothing wrong with being Liberal or Conservative, some of both is
always necessary if one will evaluate the necessities of the circumstance,
but even Liberal Conservative now are used by supposedly opposing American
political parties, as meaning something completely different from the
dictionaries of the 1960's much less 1900. Not just what they call each
other, but what they themselves claim to be.

As I have screamed about for a few decades now, they've even stolen out
dictionaries and few complain.

Scott