[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:55:17 -0700
> From: tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I was in Nevada a couple years ago.. the weather reports there on
> all channels didnt show anything north of the 49th parallel... most
> of the people we met didnt know the name the capital city of
> Canada, and frankly didnt care..

A Canadian friend had some time to spare and was trying to find a
different route home from I-90. He stopped at a gas station, and
asked, "Can you tell me where I end up if I go north from here?"

The pump jockey said, "Man there's NOTHING north of here! NOTHING"

The Canadian friend persisted, "But can you tell me how I'd get to
Regina if I went north from here?"

The station attendant repeated, "I said there's NOTHING north of
here! Wait, I'll show ya!" He returned with the official State of
North Dakota map, and pointed at the top, where all the roads just
stopped at the 49th parallel. "See, I told you, there's NOTHING north
of here!"

:::: Bush thanked the Canadians for their "Five-finger welcome." What
he forgot to mention was that was the total from five separate
Canadians. -- Randi Rhodes ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::