[OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate

Subject: [OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:45:49 +0000
I cut off all but about six inches of the center post in my big and heavy
Manfotto 3221WN, the one with the fancy 405 head, so I could get it down on the
ground for macro stuff. If I extend the tripod legs all the way, it's as high
as I can comfortably use, so why the heck do I need that two-and-a half-foot
center post anyway? I don't want to have to tote a stepladder along with a
tripod.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from