[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:27:44 -0700
The Normans were French? Yes, they had been there for a brief period of
time... but they are half Breton and the other half that traveled through
Danmark, came from the Eastern Seaboard of Scotland who had to leave due to
being on the loosing side of a political argument.

As I recollect, the King of the Franks paid a bunch of Northman to put down
his enemies, then gave them the lands called Normandy, and from there the
likes of Edward I decided they wanted what they perceived as their
birthright to the throne of the soggy islands back.