[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:52:26 -0500
Not Nazis, petainistes, miliciens, maurassiens, etc. They are our own fascists,
the descendants of those who claimed Dreyfus was guilty of treason, the
forefathers of those who vote for Le Pen today. Hated De Gaulle's guts and
tried to kill him several times. Tried to start a civil war over Algeria. They
are typically antisemitic, anti-Arab, anti-English, anti-American, etc. During
the German occupation, those types claimed collaboration was the way to stay
safe and secure a place in the 'New Europe.' They told every one that
sacrificing Jews to the Nazis was a way to protect the rest of us. They allowed
French citizens to join the Waffen SS and fight the Bolsheviks on the eastern
front. Also had the death penalty for abortionists. They are a mirror image of
the rabid right in this country, if you'll switch the countries they don't
like. - Phil

On 00:36, Jan Steinman wrote:

>> The only ones who annoy me are those who are trying to reinvent
>> Vichy on the Potomac without proper attribution. It's just a knockoff.
>
>LOVE IT! It is said that every Internet argument always descends to
>someone calling someone else a Nazi. But I have never seen it done
>with such subtlety before!

==