[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:19:48 -0500
With the Russian court speaking French as well as all diplomats. Yeah, we
Froggies had our time too. It comes and goes and it's essential that the people
here understand it and manage it now that their turn has come to grow up and
give up the toys. The alternative is what Napoleon tried, and it was downhill
from there... The Brits were smarter, although they mostly passed the baton to
the Yanks, which was a way of avoiding the real problem (interesting novel by
Gore Vidal on that theme). We'll have war and global warming, or a functioning,
though severely stressed, multipolar world. I vote for the latter and more
survivors during the transition, and time is running out fast. Come to think of
it, every country needs a Global Warming Party. - Phil

On 09:01, Chris Barker wrote:

>Hmm, I think that there was a great deal of resentment at the
>persistent dominance of French-speaking society for years
>afterwards.

==