[OM] Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: French Empires
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:34:30 -0700
The greatest asset for war that the US had was factories located
across several thousand miles of water from the enemies. From what
I've heard when US tanks were in Europe a single German tank could
destroy 4 or 5 US tanks before the 6th one got to where it could
destroy the German tank. That was "successful" because the US could
get another 6 tanks to Europe before the Germans could build one more
tank.

The US airforce at least at the beginning wasn't much of a match
either. One of Japan's biggest set backs was that the US aircraft
carriers couldn't get to Perl Harbor when they were supposed to. For
much of the war, the allies probably didn't have the ability to do
anything about the trains.

Even now in spite of US claims about how great our tanks are, I think
many consider the British tanks to be more better.

Now that Boeing's claim to fame is that they are building the tail fin
in the US while the rest of the "Dreamliner" is produced elsewhere,
and most US consumer products are built elsewhere, the world is very
different in spite of the posturing.

-jeff