[OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate

Subject: [OM] Re: What 'da think of this Markins base plate
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:30:31 -0400
Yes, I smugly noted the  fast AF lens tests; (I own none as of yet) then
thought about the bald eagle shots I missed  precise focus on during my last
Plum Island outing.  I can fwd the pdf to anyone who doesn't feel like pinging
Markin.  I  also asked them for 3rd party tests (if they exist) and probably
made a pest of myself---no response yet.  I think the whole exercise was still
instructive and will think about this type of set-up for macro and long lenses.
 Thanks again for your insights.

Mike

JK:

Other interesting points with few graphs if any to support them; new
autofocus lenses built with easy movement for autofocus are a problem
when trying to get a very sharp image, solid metal to metal clamping
is much better than cork or rubber pads, the big heavy medium format
stuff with loud mirror slapping have less vibration than the 35mm
stuff, even the wind from a desktop fan has a dramatic influence on
sharpness ....

It is worth reading and thinking about.  ... and yes a large lead
weight solidly attached to the camera would give better test results
but the Markins tripod plate is intended to provide a very solid union
AOL at AOL.com.