[OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What the function of this button on the P1?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:14:08 +1100
They must have been repeating the joke - it's a good one and famous
in journalism as an example of British insularity. I think the
original dates to the 1950's but I no longer have that book of funny
headlines. It was extensively quoted in the '60's and '70's when the
UK was grappling with the idea of joining Europe - or having Europe
join it perhaps.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx