[OM] Re: TLR

Subject: [OM] Re: TLR
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:30:05 -0700
Ali,

I will second Bills recommendation of the Mamiya C series TLR's. I think
that they have gone back up slightly now but are still quite a bargain. In
my brief wanderings through medium format the Mamiya C330 was the first one
I tried (inspired in confidence that it must be good because it was the
example TLR in the first Ansel Adams "Camera" book). Anyway since I sold it
I kind of miss it now, it's a very complete system and the only real
interchangeable TLR ever. I still haven't settled on a keeper MF body/system
though and my current resident is a Fuji G645Zi (medium wide to standard
zoom model).

The Airesflex/Elmoflex/Olympusflex are pretty but not a truly usable
everyday camera at this point due to age. Still I am tempted by them at
least to fondle (do I have a problem, heck yes!).

Dan S.