[OM] RE : Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] RE : Re: OT: French Empires
From: "stephan Van den Zegel" <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:09:06 +0100
Belgium was the first industrial power (per capita of course) until WW1,
and they never did it again... Antwerp was the second biggest harbour in
the world... and so on. During WW1 the Germans dismantled the Belgian
industry and took it home (like the Russian did with the Zeiss factory
after WW2), leaving the whole industrial field empty.
USA industry not only was unarmed by both WW, but the others were
destroyed... allowing the American technology to claim the lead (even if
this technology was some times quite rough but mass production and
national market oriented, just thinking in terms of automotive industry
or photographical industry... compare a perfex to a contax...).