[OM] [OM]E500 is ill

Subject: [OM] [OM]E500 is ill
From: Bob Docherty <lostkase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 9:10:39 -0500

Oh well, the E500 I purchased almost exactly a year ago is on its way back to
Olympus today. I caught the original warranty period with just days to go!
Seems that my control wheel no longer controls my aperture in A priority mode
other than 2 settings that vary with the original meter reading. The playback
zoom, shutter priority suffer the same fault.
Makes me feel that purchasing the extended warranty from B&H was a wise move.
I guess this gives me the impetus to shoot up all the slide film I've been
keeping on ice. The instant gratification of the E500 will be sorely missed for
the next 2 weeks. The OMs never did this to me! 25 years with no issues on the
OM-1. I had a CLA done for general principal a couple of years ago. It'll
probably go for another 25. I don't have the same confidence in my newfangled
digital money pit though.
The E-1 is no doubt built to a higher quality level, but I thought I'd get
more than a year out of the E500. Very discomforting!

Bob