[OM] Re: Panny sensors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Panny sensors?
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:24:52 -0400

Thanx for the simple explanations. My pee-brain appreciates it. (Pun
intended.)

So I think I understand that the sensor is one thing, and that which
processes the information collected by the sensor is something else.
Theoretically, the new E-thing could have what many might consider a
less than adequate sensor, but still run the data through a processor
that would make the brand-name of the sensor itself moot. My
uninformed guess is that's a major part of the delay, and perhaps an
unanticipated part, as Olympus apparently thought they were going
with Koduck until they found out they weren't.

And, of course, like most of Global Corporate World, heaven forfend
that they should tell anyone the truth about the delay. Are those of
us who appreciate an honest statement made in a timely manner in such
a minority that GCW would rather slit its collective wrist that spill
any meaningful beans?

Am I getting this?

--Bob