[OM] Re: RE : RE : Re: OT: French Empires

Subject: [OM] Re: RE : RE : Re: OT: French Empires
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:27:38 -0700
In California there is a board that certifies dairies for raw
products and subjects them to frequent and thorough inspections. Over
the years they have withdrawn certification, most people think for
the purpose of shutting down the board more than anything else. Lots
of yelling and letter writing by customers has usually restored them.
You might be able to get your cheese back if you organize something.

I think our raw dairies finally lost the battle though. Some of them
were able to continue by only selling milk products from cows without
the bovine growth hormone at a competitive price and some joined an
organic coop which sells dairy products for double the price.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA