[OM] Re: Shipping to france?

Subject: [OM] Re: Shipping to france?
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 01:29:11 +0100
>I have a couple of things listed on Yabe for a friend.
>I keep getting a msg from a person from France that is
>interested in the lens even tho I have clearly stated
>"USA Shipping ONLY". Is Paypal available in France and
>are the people "confirmed"? Is it safe to ship to France?

PayPal is available in France. However nobody outside of the USA has a PayPal
"confirmed" address, due to the way the credit card sustem works afaik. I live
in France and have made many transactions with American sellers, using PayPal,
without any problem. In my experience, the easiest shipping is USPS. If the
buyer asks, don't hesitate to tick the "gift" box on the customs form,
otherwise VAT 19.6% + customs taxes may be levied.

Bernard