[OM] Re: OY Google Maps

Subject: [OM] Re: OY Google Maps
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:56:19 -0500
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Just for grins, I just Google Mapped my house, and it was wrong. The
> arrow pointed to my former nextdoor neighbor's house. She's in West
> Palm Beach, Florida now, and I Googled her a few days ago, sent her a
> link to it, and she said it was off by three houses. Don't depend a
> whole lot on these maps and satellite pictures for accuracy.

Expedia decided a couple of years back that our street doesn't exist
anymore.

They are happy to start me out on the access road between the two rows
of townhomes half a block north of us, though.

I've called and emailed, since our street has been here for over 30
years and, as far as I can tell, is still here.  They don't believe me.
  Directions are still wrong.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon