[OM] Re: (OM) OT Win XP processes

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT Win XP processes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 04:02:32 -0700
Brian Swale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Moose recommended a program for reporting running computer processes,
> that is available via the M/S site, and I have downloaded and run that.
> However, I was and am certain I have seen other programs, probably M/S
> ones, already on the machine but have forgotten where or what.

I suspect your problems will persist essentially forever unless you
clean up your computer with AV and AS software. Probably need a registry
cleaner too, although what's best is far from clear to me..

Since you are starting fresh with this machine, you really don't want
the legacy of someone else.  A fresh install of XP and installation of
firewall, AV and AS software is likely the path to peace and prosperity,
XPwise. ZoneAlarm sells a complete package of security software that
gets good ratings and doesn't worm it's way into every nook and cranny
like Norton and McAfee.

VueScan is about the simplest and most benign sort of install there is.
If it won't work, I think there is lots wrong.

Moose