[OM] Re: RE : Re: Shipping to france?

Subject: [OM] Re: RE : Re: Shipping to france?
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:10:52 +0100

On 14Mar , 2007, at 3:43 PM, stephan Van den Zegel wrote:

> No problem with paypal... in Europe (i'm in Europe and I have a
> verified
> status)...
> Clicking the gift box is a short way to elude customs taxes but it
> doesn't work everytime... I had various experiences about that and the
> choise of the mail company is important (some seems to go through
> customs more easily than other).
> Just ask the guy if there is a custom office in his vicinity.
> Stephan

Actually, living in France, my experience is that the sender can tick
whatever he likes on the shipping forms, but if it being sent with
any kind of declared value (such as an insurance), then the agent for
the currier (LaPoste, UPS, FedEx, TNT, ....) in France *will* without
fail slap on customs + a 100 Eur "customs handling fee", neither of
which you can legally dispute short of suing the state.....

Of course, this will be the buyers problem, unless he refuses to
receive the goods -- in which case the 100 Eur "customs handling fee"
supposedly is passed on to the sender (or so FedEx told me when
asking - I've never tried to actually refuse receipt of something I
actually had ordered).

--
Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx