[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:48:54 +0000
* On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 11:45:06AM +0000, Walt Wayman said:
> I "built" one many years ago from a Heathkit for a long-ago
> brother-in-law, who was a pretty good guitar picker, mostly jazz and
> blues. For some reason, I just seemed to like to solder, so I did a lot
> of that. I've still got the Dynaco preamp, FM tuner and Stereo 80 power
> amp (which I still use in a second system), all of which I put together
> back about 1967. Must've done it right. :-)

I'm a fan of building amplifiers..well.  I've built two guitar amps in my
time (plus a handful of effects).   I had a great time building them,
though I never managed to get off my arse to put them in a cabinet.  As
such they still sit with the valves exposed and a bare chassis.

They sound pretty good too!

I always found the electronics to be the easy part.  The mechanical bits
were what I often ѕtruggled with.

--
  \ \\ \                      Is AC5 a hit?                       / // /