[OM] Re: Stop grousing, start grinning

Subject: [OM] Re: Stop grousing, start grinning
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
Dr Flash wrote:
> Congratulations!  I'll be eagerly awaiting the test results.  20
> yards is already not bad compared to some... assuming you're
> getting 20 yards in all directions.  If it turns out to be much
> better than that I may buy some more myself.

I took the radios outdoors tonight along with a vivitar flash and a
tripod.  With the receiver laying on the ground the effective range
was no more than 15 meters with reliability dropping at 10 meters.
With the receivers hanging freely from the tripod the range went to
about 25 meters. with reliability dropping at 20 meters.  One
receiver was definitely better than the rest and I could squeek out
about 40 meters of distance.

All three transmitters were strongest on the righthand side and then
the left side.  Straight ahead was about the worse.

I'm not really expecting much from these things.  If I can get one
season of use out of them, they'll exceed my expectations.  I
definitely will be hacking one apart and adding a supplemental
antenna to it.  Hmm. Might yet tonight.

AG

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time