[OM] Re: Stop grousing, start grinning

Subject: [OM] Re: Stop grousing, start grinning
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
Just got one transmitter modified with an antenna.  The outdoor range
is now a SOLID 100 meters.  That's with a 5.6 inch wire sticking
straight up out of the front-right corner of the pc board.  If I bend
it over (like a paper clip) so the end almost touches the top of the
unit, the range is about 75 meters but somewhat directional.

This experiment is successful enough that I'm modifying a second unit
right now--just waiting for the soldering iron to get hot again.

I am using 14 guage solid copper wire.

To say that this is an improvement is a huge understatement.  I'll
leave one transmitter alone, just in case I have a unit failure under
warranty.

AG

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265