[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:48:09 -0700
> From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
>
> "Lies, damned lies, and statistics," I think it was.
>
> Ol' Mark Twain again, I believe.

Which I have heard he actually "borrowed" from Benjamin Disraeli.

:::: What we watch, we change. Attending mostly to the dramatic, we
neglect the slow. Monitoring flawed gauges such as stock prices,
consumer confidence, and gross domestic product, we organize our
institutions to generate high stock prices, confident consumers, and
the grossest domestic product we can muster. Conversely, because we
do not watch them, we do not get the healthiest lives, the strongest
communities, or the most vibrant ecosystems. -- Cascadia Scorecard
2004, Northwest Environmental Watch ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::