[OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]

Subject: [OM] Re: lighting again Re: Re: Communications [was lighting]
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:05:14 -0700

I read that the last time you posted it. I was wondering what you meant,

Loyalty to my country remains, even if I will not be loyal to my government
when they are not doing what they are suppose to do, representing us, the
people who are suppose to be the government.

I've gotten from 4 of my representatives over the years, that us 'public
citizens' should stop interfering with what the politicians are doing as we
make their jobs difficult.

And I have gladly taken their statement and disseminated it as accurately as
possible to as many of their constituents as I could. I never had to say
anything bad about them to have them removed in the next election and they
were clueless as to why they lost.

My grandfather remarked that in 1923 the double talk was so horrendous, that
you thought the person running for office was saying and meaning one thing,
yet when in office he did something different. Thankfully he never had to
see the last 3 presidents in office, or is it that I am thankful I was
spared his triads about them and the people who may have elected them, since
it is pretty hard to verify voting these days, considering the recall
election in California a few years back and 3 election districts registered
more votes for Aarnold, then there were registered voters in their
districts, and since they were republican districts and they figured that he
would have won them anyway, they called the election fair and square and
tossed Davis out. Half the state was using unverifiable electronic hack able
by High school kid voting machines, the ones that started making a visible
mess and laughing stock out of our elections in 2000 most notably.

"Patriotism means being loyal to
 your country all the time and to
 its government when it deserves
 it." -- Mark Twain

I suggest, if one closely and impartially looks at who/what is running the
USA, and looks at it's actions, not the labels attached to it, that one
would be hard pressed to call it a Democracy, much less a representative
Democracy, if you also had to honestly and in the same light, look at the
definitions of Imperialism, Fascism and Nationalism.

Scott