[OM] Re: Macro lighting.

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro lighting.
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:28:11 -0700 (PDT)
These are available from a variety of sources often more expensive. One slight
issue is the light
of "white" LEDS has a large peak in the blue, so colors are off a bit without
added filtration.

I built something more like a t18 for my microscope, using two high wattage
(3W) lumileds (like
the ones they use in high power LED headlamps or bikelights now) and a cheap
power supply.
Unfortunately the Lumileds with their small integrated reflectors, were pretty
expensive from the
only distributor I could find.

Sometimes it is good to have shadows and sometimes not, to see 3d effects.
Having seperate
adjustable lights gives some options.

Tim Hughes