[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:50:44 -0700

Most of my stuff has been 'Super Macro', most anyone's reversed lenses but
the 2 kit lenses, especially the 14-45 gets most of the work as it is
already out and on the camera.

The only macro I had was the setting  on the E-500 which is way back from
the subject and at 45 mm isn't very large, most of the stuff I am shooting
still takes very little of the frame.

>From there, it s the reverse macro where I often can't get as far back as
I'd like to, or lose the depth, and only have shutter control.

I have been learning to reduce the aperture when that is available and it is
providing noticeable results. As far as more light,  alas, I'd have to take
the forest out of the forest to get more light! Seems most of the trails are
following creeks in canyons. Sometimes I get some sunshine of the forest
floor. WE don't have those tiny 150-200 foot trees you have up there in
Canada. I had never realized how open the Douglas Fir forest was where I
grew up.

Aperture, Ex 25 Macro light. I'm half way there, and hope I'm doing fine on
the learning curve with all the help here.

Scott

 Jan Steinman

> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> DOF, I think Jan used this phrase and it made sense to me, is what is
> acceptable. The further away I take a shot, the better it appears
> to me, the
> closer I have the lens, the les depth I get, but the spot that is
> in focus
> is superbly crisp. Just gets to, what is it you like or will
> accept. Me, I
> want it all and I want it now...

I forget, are you still limited to reversed ZD lenses?

Scott, you need to reduce your aperture to get more depth at the
reproduction ratio you're seeking. This means either manual aperture,
or a ZD on the EX-25 (which I understand you're about to get). And
lots of either time or light.

:::: We have squandered our planet's resources, including air and
water, as though there were no tomorrow, so now there isn't going to
be one. -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::