[OM] Re: : Re: (E-1) pages re-done

Subject: [OM] Re: : Re: (E-1) pages re-done
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:32:56 -0700
Andrew wrote;
Of course - but my point was that people tend not to think of 150ft
trees as 'weeds.'

We have small forests of Eucalyptuses and Acacias here, if you'll come get
them, I'm sure I can get some folk to help get the Monterey Pine
back......but from others I've talked to, they'll put up opposition to
removal of their favorite trees, they feel they are welcome immigrants (and
the few who think the yellow flowered nearly impossible to kill Acacia is
nice) Though not all the Yukies here are invasive.

Rhodies were weeds where I grew up, but you had to state that quietly,
they're the state Flower of Washington State, here in Cullyfornia Poppy is
the same, though more appreciated than not.

Periwinkle and Ivy are terrible problems where I live, where the stuff was
planted to brighten up the landscape after the clear cutting and like the
two legged immigrants, never left.