[OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT XP thoughts
From: "Mark Marr-Lyon" <mark.marrlyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:30:27 -0600
Hi Brian,

I think I saw that you bought this machine used.  I really really
really think you need to wipe your system and start fresh with a new
install of XP.  I think you're inheriting someone else's system that
is poorly-configured at best and virus-ridden at worst.  And even if
it isn't, why take the chance?

One other thing to check is that you have as much memory as you
thought you bought.  If you don't have enough memory it will need to
use swap space on the disk drive as memory just for running the OS,
which slows things enormously.  Did I mention that I think you need to
wipe the drive and start over? :)

Mark