[OM] Re: Nuttier macro question

Subject: [OM] Re: Nuttier macro question
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:02:13 -0600
Jeff recently noted:

The same seller as the two macro lenses sold the PM-MTob for $74

All from the same seller
110101795320 mount  $74
110101795365 20/3.5  $137.06
110101795381  38/3.5  $202.51

Wow!  That's a total of $276.51 for the old, non-automatic 38/3.5 macro
and mount.  I've bought the 38/2.8 OM macro lens--automatic, and with no
extra mount needed--for less than that.  I've said it a couple times
before:  if you want to photograph insects, the 38/2.8 OM macro lens is
unmatched.  It's totally in a class by itself.  Three examples of bug
shots using the 38/2.8 are at
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/Dean_Hansen/Aquaticinsects/.
While not exactly effortless, those shots would have been impossible
with the 38/3.5.  I'd recommend holding off on buying the 38/3.5 at any
price and wait for a reasonable example of the 38/2.8 to come up.  The
latter is ten times the lens, at least in terms of usability, of the
former.
    Sorry, no shots yet in the MNbutterflies and Jumpingspider folders.
Dean (the unofficial OM list entomologist)