[OM] Re: T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: T-10 Ring Flash modeling light replacement
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:48:07 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Jan - I was in fact using the AC Adapter 3 so I guess I can assume the
problem lies within that. I also have the portable pack that uses "D" cells
but, hadn't tried that to see if it works... guess that should have been my
first step!

  I'd stil like to replace the modeling lights with LED bulbs - I find the ones
in the flash are a bit dim when I'm trying to use the Zuiko Macro 38mm F2.8
(bellows mount).

  John M.

Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: John Morton
>
> I have a question for the group: does anyone know where I can get
> some technical information on the T-10 Ring Flash? I have a unit in
> which
> the modeling lights no longer work; they gradually faded during use so
> I think it is probably a transistor or something...

There are no transistors in the flash head -- just wires to bulbs. If
they "gradually faded," it's a power supply problem. If you were
using batteries, they are run down, If you were using a 6VDC power
supply of some kind, it probably died.

Try a different source of 6VDC before trying anything else!

:::: The epoch of the fossil fuels can only be a transitory and
ephemeral event... which has exercised the most drastic influence
experienced by the human species during its entire biological
history. -- M. King Hubbert ::::
:::: Jan Steinman ::::

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx