[OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questio

Subject: [OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questions]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:36:04 -0700
I thought it was pretty well accepted that you get aperture
diffraction in 35 mm film cameras by F16. You can see it in the
results in almost all lens tests. A quick review of Gary Reese's OM
lens tests on a film camera certainly reflects that. Why it would
disappear in the full frame lens you are using on your 5D is puzzling.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA