[OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questio

Subject: [OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questions]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:43:35 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:
> Very interesting.  Always thought provoking when theory collides with reality.

In fairness to Sean, he had to make a lot of assumptions about physical
configuration of the sensor. I seem to recall a news report about a new
CMOS sensor that's two layer, so the support circuitry is below the
sensor sites, which can then be bigger. Then there's the Fuji chips in
the S-thingies, with two very different size sets of sensors. Tricky
business.

> It might be instructive to remove the breeze as a variable.

You wanna drop by and hold the stem? :-)

Seriously, I remember some posts about gadgets that attach to camera or
tripod and reach out to steady plants and such. I wasn't interested at
the time.

Anybody point me to examples/sources?

Moose